At 10:30 AM 10/1/2003 +0200, you wrote:

Hi Guys

I've been trying unsuccesfully to register a site on Google.  I never
recieve an email saying that my site was registered successfully when I
register it on DMOZ. Then it never appears on the dmoz website (and i've
done it 3 times in the last 4 months in different folders thinking they are
inactive). I've emailed the directory owners and the main guys, with no
response. We've made sure that the meta information on our site is correct.
So how do I get it registered.  Im at wits end and have no idea on what
else to do.

the site is http://www.progressfund.co.za

I just did a view source and find this on the main right side:

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>blank page</title>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgcolor="white">
<P>&nbsp;</P>
</BODY>
</HTML>

And this on the framed/left side:

</head>
<script type="text/javascript">

setCursorOn();

/// XP Look
webFXTreeConfig.rootIcon                = "navigation/images/xp/folder.png";
webFXTreeConfig.openRootIcon    = "navigation/images/xp/openfolder.png";
webFXTreeConfig.folderIcon              = "navigation/images/xp/folder.png";
webFXTreeConfig.openFolderIcon  = "navigation/images/xp/openfolder.png";
webFXTreeConfig.fileIcon                = "navigation/images/xp/file.png";
webFXTreeConfig.lMinusIcon              = "navigation/images/xp/Lminus.png";
webFXTreeConfig.lPlusIcon               = "navigation/images/xp/Lplus.png";
webFXTreeConfig.tMinusIcon              = "navigation/images/xp/Tminus.png";
webFXTreeConfig.tPlusIcon               = "navigation/images/xp/Tplus.png";
webFXTreeConfig.iIcon                   = "navigation/images/xp/I.png";
webFXTreeConfig.lIcon                   = "navigation/images/xp/L.png";
webFXTreeConfig.tIcon                   = "navigation/images/xp/T.png";

if (expanded == "yes"){
var tree = new WebFXLoadTree(sitename, "/data/sb_site/" + siteid + "/nav/xml/e" + siteid + "SiteID.xml");
}
else{
var tree = new WebFXLoadTree(sitename, "/data/sb_site/" + siteid + "/nav/xml/" + siteid + "NavID0.xml");
}

document.write(tree);

if (expanded == "yes"){
        setTimeout('setCursorOff()', 10000);
}
else{
        setTimeout('setCursorOff()', 10);
}

</script>

I don't do frames myself so could be speaking incorrectly, but if I'm right you're going to have problems ever indexing this site. First off, no title/meta description from what I could see. SE's don't do keyword metas anymore. Secondly, the bots don't do javascript either. You need to get all that js into a js include if it's not and it doesn't appear as though it is. Another thing that will help is naming your images with names that have something to do w/your key phrases or site title or something. Using things like: sb_group_3 for an image name will not help you at all. You don't have to submit to GOOGLE, they even tell you that on the site. Their bots will find your site automatically, quicker if you're linked of other sites. Browsers don't do frames very well either. Might want to reconsider using them, at least that's my understanding. If you're using css, name the css file w/a name that is part of the site like the title or keyphrase. You're also using .png files from what I can tell. Most browsers don't support that and I found that even on cable the site is very slow loading even after it's been visited and should be cached for quicker load time, it's not and I -think- that's because of the .png image files, they're bigger, load slower.

Hope this helps,
Deb

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.