Hi Jon,

Tx, I've asked our sitebase admin guru to have a look at the sniffer and
he's done something. Could you please check again with lynx? I'd really
appreciate it.  I thought the crawler would do the default page only that
but thats also being checked.  Unfortunately we can't change the navigation
for now... Because of the complexity (catering for sites and groups) and
the amount of information and how it is stored, and how everyone wanted it
displayed, this was the most practical.  These sites is a major sore point
at the moment, so im not really going to discuss the logistics behind
everything - on hind site i'd rather work for a smaller company again -
less redtape :p)

tx a lot for u'r help
Sonja van der Westhuizen

Tel.:      011 282-1843
Fax:      011 282-4529
Cell:      083 256 0810
email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

|--------+------------------------->
|        |          "Jon Haworth"  |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|        |          uddha.net>     |
|        |                         |
|        |          2003/10/01     |
|        |          03:36 PM       |
|        |          Please respond |
|        |          to wdvltalk    |
|        |                         |
|--------+------------------------->

  |       To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                   |
  |       cc:
                                                         |
  |       Subject:     [wdvltalk] Re: [google] registration of site

Hi Sonja,

> I've been trying unsuccesfully to register a site
> on Google.

You can always submit it manually, but I don't know how quickly you'll get
indexed (if at all):
http://www.google.com/addurl.html

Alternatively, you could look for a link exchange with another site - for
example, get the three listed on your links page to link back to you
(fnb.co.za is indexed pretty thoroughly by Google, ask them if they'll give
you a link or two).

> We only cater for IE 5.5 and up, Mozilla 1 and up
> and Netscape 6 and up.  As far as I know that
> shouldn't influence the indexing of our site.

Once Google knows about you and comes along to index the site, it'll
probably get pretty much the same thing as Lynx:
http://www.laughing-buddha.net/tmp/progress.gif

I'm not sure the browser sniffer you're using is going to help with the
indexing, and the Javascript menu certainly won't ;-)

It's not a major problem to sort out - you could use a CSS-based navigation
system instead of Javascript, and get it onto the page via an SSI rather
than a frame. Once you do that, you might even find the browser sniffer
isn't needed any more...

Cheers
Jon

____ ? The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM ? ____
To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the
words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]