At 09:18 PM 02/16/2004 +0000, BJ wrote:
Here's another point:  Adobe seem to have fallen to the same condition
afflicting other "free" software suppliers lately.  Version 5 wasn't bad,
but have you tried Acrobat Reader 6?  it's another of those bloated
megalomaniac programs that wants to phone home to the corporation every time
you run it.  Every PC I support where I find v6, I have to take it off and
put v5 back on.  It really isn't worth suggesting to some poort soul that
they should "download Adobe's free reader" any more, as they will
undoubtedly hate you if they follow your advice.  Give them a free Word
viewer instead.

The free Word Viewer available from Microsoft at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9BBB9E60-E4F3-436D- A5A7-DA0E5431E5C1&displaylang=EN

(watch out for wordwrap - should be one continuous line with NO SPACES!)

clocks in at 3860 KB - far short of the 26 MEG+ behemoth that
Adobe puts out for reading Acrobat files now - if you can even
reach Adobe's site to grab it!

Cheers,
Tom Fosson
Check out today's special link at:
http://tomfosson.com/special.html

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.