Must be something in your code putting the right most column owe the body
border. Another approach would he to make the body background color black
with padding: 0 10 px; (or whatever width you want the border) then put
white in the div backgrounds or a contains div.

DIV.menuon only sets the fort for text not links. It is overwritten  by: