Certainly the codec is missing - but I'm new to all this. Should that be on disk normally? The some who played it successfully has a directory of codecs of all sorts on his laptop due to the work he does, so obviously it found what it wanted. I've tried downloading some but still no luck - and DivX can't play it either.

Thanks for help anyway.

Peter MacGregor