Gerrie,

I have some wrist guards I wear at home & work when my wrists really bother
me. They aren't a prescription, & I think you may be able to get them at an
office supply store like Staples or Office Max. I found if I wear them at
night when I sleep it really helps. (Not very attractive, but it helps. It's
kind of weird the first night or so getting used to it, but I think the
benefits outweigh the initial awkwardness.)

Make sure your work space is ergonomically correct, ie monitor proper
height, keyboard positioned so your elbows are 90° (I also have my trackball
mouse down at the 90° position.) You may want to think about a trackball
instead of a traditional mouse as it helps alleviate strain. I know Logitech
makes some nice ones.

Also, take your hands & arms & stretch them every so often. Kind of hard to
explain, but take them from your normal sitting position where you're kind
of tightened up, and fling them out several times, especially your fingers.

A little non-traditional, but I also go to the Chiropractor about every 5
weeks. He adjusts my back, neck & wrists & it really seems to help.

HTH,
Ann