Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply.  Sorry for the disappointment. <grin>

I do use Thunderbird. I am still finding that it puts "regular" e-mails in the Trash too. I am only seeing the pornographic spam in the Trash so I guess it is working somewhat. I will look into K-9. Thanks.

Riva

Jon Haworth wrote:

Riva,

I was hoping for so much more given the subject line ;-)
Most likely it's just conventional everyday spam.

Well, you're posting on a public mailing list, so you should consider your
address compromised from a spam point of view:
http://www.google.com/search?q=mrport%40sbcglobal.net&filter=0

Try a Bayesian filter like K9 (www.keir.net/k9.html), should start making a
substantial difference after a week or so. Alternatively I'm sure Thunderbird
has some sort of filtering options (that's your mail client, right?)

Cheers
Jon