Thanks Tom. I tried MailWasher but found it a hassle to have two programs open. Thunderbird is supposed to have a mail filter - except mine puts e-mails from my boss in the trash and keeps the porno ones!! Maybe I will look into it again.

Riva

Cyberspace Publishing wrote:

Riva,

If it wasn't for MailWasher Pro, I'd have given up on email entirely by now. I've been using it since version 1 (3 or 4 years now) and would not do without it! I stopped using its 'bounce' feature a year or so ago, but for filtering email *before* it is downloaded to my computer, nothing on the market comes even close to touching it. I get from 300 to 400 messages per day through over 20 mailboxes with 80-90% spam. MailWasher Pro *learns* what I like and what I don't like and automatically flags nearly all the 'don't likes' so all I have to do is click the "Process" button and all the 'don't likes' are instantly deleted from the servers. Life is good! :)

Cheers,
Tom Fosson