Joseph Harris [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] wroted:

> > From: "Portman"
> >
> > <snip>
> > I do find, in general, that a lot of people today have no
> > idea about good spelling and good grammar, but maybe
> > that's just me.
> > :-)
> >
> > Riva

> No, Riva, it is not just you!!!   Both drops in education
> standards and freedom for more people to have their words
> seen has increased the incidences of what makes the
> grammatically pernickety cringe;   I am starting to develop
> a thicker hide ;-), but 'lose' and 'loose' still make me
> scream...

I typically use Microsoft Word's built-in spelling and grammar checkers.
Not that I am so grammatically challenged (them what ran the schoolhouse
learned me how to talk correct), but some little "glitches" may escape
the eyeball test.

The only problem is that dropping text into Word adds a lot of "garbage"
when you cut and paste it into web parts or other HTML editors.  Would
be nice if the upcoming tool that is to be the next generation of
FrontPage has spelling and grammar checking.  Of course, I'm sure
Microsoft will find a way to add junk to your code using that tool as
well.

--
Dwacon
http://dwacon.blogspot.com

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''