From: "Matthew Macdonald-Wallace"

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 14:24 -0500, Portman wrote:
Hi all,

Been kinda quiet on this list lately - is everyone still out there?

I am starting to write a program for a client of mine. They want to be able to configure options, etc. for catering events (i.e. linens, bar, venue, etc.) Each option has a different effect on the price. Any ideas as to what language to use? I know Perl but is that the best option?
Java? Something else?

PHP's fairly easy to pick up if you know Perl/C style syntax, it
integrates really well with MySQL and Postgres Databases too.

Check out the following sites:

www.php.net
www.devshed.com
www.mysql.org

There's loads of others out there for tutorials etc, and if you're after a book, Jono Bacon (http://www.jonobacon.org/) has written a book at
looks excellent and is available from Amazon
(http://www.amazon.com/Practical-PHP-MySQL-Building-Applications/dp/0132239973/sr=8-1/qid=1172003393/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-0460266-2933241?ie=UTF8&s=books)

HTH,

Matt

And even I have been able to understand and learn some php/mysql, so it must be fairly easy.

Joseph