I share Achipas opinion, I am quick and merciless. I clicked around,
read a few pages of the documentation, and thought, "nice site design
but not sold yet..."

Negatives
1. Much more work ( have to learn the expression language)
2. Code duplication. Its doing what the built in Jquery lib is there
for, browse the site for several plugins for more functionality
3. It uses Pastescript and Beaker( I am wary of after my experience
with pylons, it was too cryptical for me)
4. Might not play well when a the site design comes from the design
department, the design work get shifted to you, the programmer , more
headaches

Positives

1.The docs are well placed and easy to understand
1. I like the directory structure, (http://doc.appcelerator.org/
get_started/python/directory_structure.html) .
2, It has signals.

I have had my experience with PHP, PHP Frameworks, MS .NET, Pylons and
Django, so Web2py was a big change for me, simple, easy to understand
and dissect. One can take a rapidly prototyped app in web2py,build on
it and make it a finished application with almost no effort

@ Noob
Just browse the repository(http://plugins.jquery.com/) you would be
pleasantly surprised how much cool stuff is in there, IMHO, you do not
need any other presentational frameworks apart from Jquery. I think
Jquery qould play a big part in T3,  thats if we need another layer
above T2, or t2 gets finished

@Dunsun
What about picking out a few SOA, RIA features that you would like to
see in web2py, look for an equivalent in Jquerys repo, and we all poll
on whether it needs to be integrated as a HTML helper or stay a
plugin. I have gotten several Jquery plugins to work with web2py, I
can help in this respect