On Jan 5, 5:22 pm, Timothy Farrell <tfarr...@swgen.com> wrote:
> That's normal.  What was the error in the traceback?  Was it anything that we
> should code around?

I didn't get one - as I say, it's all working for me now with latest
src & your new winservice.py :)
All I see in Event Logs is:
web2py server starting
web2py server stopping

I removed the service & rebooted to try 1.54-bin (reboot required
otherwise service fails to install).
This failed in the old way - service installs but won't start:
System Logs just show:
Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the web2py Service service to
connect.
The web2py Service service failed to start due to the following
error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion.
Nothing in Application Logs.

Yes, I did copy the new winservice.pyc into library.zip 1st.

What I did in both occasions:
Ensure an options.py is present in the web2py folder.
- this has: password = 'password'
(I even tried copying the .pyc from the working src & also tried
coipying that into library.zip)

>From the correct folder, run:
..\python25\python web2py.py -W install -a password
or
web2py.exe -W install -a password

src works fine, but not bin.
No extra diagnostics I can see.