When I was comparing python web frameworks, initially I had assumed
(erroneously) that web2py was the J2EE equivalent with large , ugly
layers upon layers of abstraction, due to the "Enterprise" word.

So the misunderstanding seems to be quite common...

However, now I know, my assumption was wrong.

It would be great to have one source , community maintained wiki for
all documentation. from which Massimo could 'build' his book for
publishing.

My $0.02

Regards
Anand