Hi Massimo,

As one of my app becomes more complex, its controllers and views
contains more and more code. So I assume it takes more time for web2py
to parse them on the fly. Then I notice that if I compile my app, all
controllers are in their pyc format, even all html views are
translated into compiled/*.pyc. I also notice that after compile,
web2py always runs with the pyc files and ignore any manual change to
*.py files until "remove compiled".

So, may I draw a conclusion that, compile means no further parse to
*.py and *.html, and therefore better performance?

BTW, there was once a "6 times faster" template engine introduced in
web2py 1.55 but later cancelled. Will it come back in the future? But
if I compile my app, does it bring performance as good as (if not
better than) the 6-times-faster template engine?

Regards,
Iceberg