Em Quarta-feira 25 Março 2009, às 07:38:45, Iceberg escreveu:
> Hi Massimo,
>
> As one of my app becomes more complex, its controllers and views
> contains more and more code. So I assume it takes more time for web2py
> to parse them on the fly. Then I notice that if I compile my app, all
> controllers are in their pyc format, even all html views are
> translated into compiled/*.pyc. I also notice that after compile,
> web2py always runs with the pyc files and ignore any manual change to
> *.py files until "remove compiled".
>
> So, may I draw a conclusion that, compile means no further parse to
> *.py and *.html, and therefore better performance?
>
> BTW, there was once a "6 times faster" template engine introduced in
> web2py 1.55 but later cancelled. Will it come back in the future? But
> if I compile my app, does it bring performance as good as (if not
> better than) the 6-times-faster template engine?

Talking about that, how complicated would to add these products to web2py ?

Theyre the components that will bring performance to Plone4, in about 20% of
the templates we have today, so it is a damm good thing.

Here the links:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/chameleon.genshi/1.0b4
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/chameleon.zpt/1.0b11
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/chameleon.core/1.0b24