I got that part (barman and beers are nice :P).
I envisioned that the threaded servers start one thread per request, and
that thread closes when the request ends.
So, if only 1 thread is available at most, basically all the requests have
to be served serially (the server queues them and pass it to the "execution
environment" only 1 at a time). With that in mind, without exxagerating the
numbers (e.g. 100 threads), I thought that the achievable concurrency in
threaded servers related semi-linearly with the number of available
threads, but it seems that this is not the case.
I expected at least a higher response-time (calculated from the moment ab
issues the request to the moment it receives the 1st byte back from the
server) with 1 thread max.

BTW, with 2 threads rps is 26.08, 99% served within 7566 ms.