On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 12:49 PM, Tim Michelsen <timmichel...@gmx-topmail.de
> wrote:

> > I guess I see the checking-for-valid-bug phase a step that others can do
> > to help lift some of the load off of members that can code.  But your
> > right, there is a lot of garbage reports out there.
> > I just wish there was a way, that when I have the time, I can sit down
> > and start to sift through reports and start solving them all from one
> > place.  I can see a list of bugs and even sort them to my liking.  Pick
> > out the ones I think I can help fix and proceed from there.
> > At some point I think we should consider moving bugs to an area that can
> > be better delegated.  But for now, as you know, this project has been
> > doing a great job helping fix issues in the system.
> What about entering a request at Launchpad and then post it at the
> mailing list for discussion.

You create a lot of work for someone then (Massimo or me, or someone else)
since:

[1]  If issue is not sufficient or not a bug, it has to be closed (or
ignored);
[2]  either way, it has to be discussed on list;
[3]  documentation should go to the wiki:  https://www.web2py.com/wiki, NOT
bug list

> What I can see from the short time I am following this project I get the
> impression that:
> * a lot of useful tips get burried in the mailing list

Search - if you think it is generally useful, add to wiki!

> * some mails are left unanswered

Rarely... people usually post again to remind;

> * the documentation in the manual is good for learning but getting
> outdated.

True enough;  wiki is there, and sphinx docs should get started this
summer.  Massimo may also have plans for a revision of the book too.

For sphinx-doc, best way to start contributing is in the wiki - please join
in!

> So, to my opinion, it could be useful for tracking purposes to keep docs
> and issues at a central place.

Note that is you create issues that are not valid, they will either be
ignored or will create more work - please post to list first to see if you
have a valid issue.

Thanks,
Yarko