Hi Simon, i didn't go too far with DAL and mongo. Managed to get the grid,
but as mentioned before had a problem retrieving individual record
(document) for view and update. Then I included pymongo, and got needed
functionality outside of grid, but didn't have time then to continue
working on it.

Agreed with Vasile that it should be design properly, and then implemented
as a nosql version of DAL. Not sure how I could help, if not with coding,
then with testing at least?