I noticed a thread over in web2py-developers web3py -
important!<https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/web2py-developers/RCeiRd3Rzs0>
 which
was exciting to read.  I've flirted with web2py and there's a lot that I
like about it.  For some reason I find web2py exciting whereas django
doesn't provide that.  I've used Yii on the php side which is great
framework as far as php goes and asp.net mvc which is great as well.  I'd
love to work with python but the main thing making me hesitate with web2py
is critical mass.

It seems like it wouldn't be hard for web2py to really dominate the python
web framework space if some of the core criticisms were addressed.  I'm not
fully up to speed on what they are but I usually hear about unit testing
and global variables.  It feels like there is a roadblock preventing the
project from skyrocketing.  Python needs a rails.  I understand that the
design decisions are by choice with pros and cons.

My questions are:
1. Will web3py likely address these often repeated core criticisms? (I saw
point 5 from the thread linked to above: "5) No more global environment.
Apps will do "from web3py import *" (see below)")
2. The developer thread is over in the developers section.  Will you have a
more open forum for users (as opposed to developers) to have input on
web3py?