Some valid and interesting questions can get unanswered, slip below
the radar, that's bound to happen everywhere. I have a feeling that
web2py community is very active when compared to some others, taking
the number of members into account. It would be interesting to put
some numbers behind this and prove one way or another, but alas, I
don't really have the time... :/

My personal observations are that unanswered questions are often
either a) accompanied by complex, long examples of code, which many
readers don't have time to decipher; b) answered many times before or
so general, that they aren't web2py specific at all (ie. general css
or html questions); c) very specific, with sparse information about
the problem itself (such as individual web server configurations,
etc.). I might be wrong though, as I naturally don't read
everything...

Regards,
Ales