Hello,
I would like to use the following how-to to generate a kml file from my
data base selection:

Better Python Practices for the GeoWeb
http://sgillies.net/blog/584/better-python-practices-for-the-geoweb/

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<kml
   xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1";
   xmlns:py="http://genshi.edgewall.org/";

   <Folder>
     <Style id="fireIcon">
       <IconStyle>
         <Icon>
           <href>http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/pal3/icon38.png</href>
         </Icon>
       </IconStyle>
     </Style>
     <Placemark py:for="item in collection">
       <name py:content="item['name']">NAME</name>
       <styleUrl>#fireIcon</styleUrl>
       <description py:content="item['description']">
         DESCRIPTION
       </description>
       <Point>
         <coordinates py:content="item['coordinates']">
           LONG,LAT
         </coordinates>
       </Point>
     </Placemark>
   </Folder>
</kml>

I created a function that works in other files called "kml".

Now created a file kml.kml in views/default:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<kml
   xmlns="http://earth.google.com/kml/2.1";

   <Folder>
     <Style id="fireIcon">
       <IconStyle>
         <Icon>
           <href>http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/pal3/icon38.png</href>
         </Icon>
       </IconStyle>
     </Style>
     {{for placemark in placemarks:}}
     <Placemark>
       <name >{{=placemark.name}}</name>
       <styleUrl>#fireIcon</styleUrl>
       <description">
         {{=placemark.description}}
       </description>
       <Point>
         <coordinates >
           {{=placemark.lon}}, {{=placemark.lat}}
         </coordinates>
       </Point>
     </Placemark>
     {{pass}}
   </Folder>
</kml>

But when I enter the URL in the browser I get an invalid request.
Why?
If I rename the file to kml.html it returns the query result only.

How do I need to change my controller that web2py delivers xml using my
kml.kml template file?

Thanks in advance,
Timmie