Didn't test it, but I take the SSL creation commands from
setup-web2py-ubuntu.sh that ask for location and owner of certificat that I
like better and adapt them for the setup-web2py-nginx-uwsgi-ubuntu.sh
script in order to make these script more homogen.

Here the part I change

ln -s /etc/nginx/sites-available/web2py /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/web2py
rm /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default
mkdir /etc/nginx/ssl
cd /etc/nginx/ssl
openssl genrsa 1024 > self_signed.key
chmod 400 self_signed.key
openssl req -new -x509 -nodes -sha1 -days 365 -key self_signed.key >
self_signed.cert
openssl x509 -noout -fingerprint -text < self_signed.cert > self_signed.info

Thanks to include it...

I will test your script under 12.10 later to day with these mods to see if
it works.

Richard