Hi Massimo, thanks for responding,  Im sorry if these are basic questions
etc.
I have downloaded the standard package web2pywin zip, installed it on my
windows computer and all is running well.
I have now transferred that install and the Apps Ive build to a shared
workdisk on our work network (windows based).

Now I access web2py.exe and run it as a windows exe file and the initial
Framework opens, the web2py server starts and asks for the IP, port &
password. If I use the default 127.0.0.1 , 8000 and my password, the
browser opens, I can via admin open my App, so far so good.
I can also open the app via http://127.0.0.1:8000/APP/default/index etc etc

If I enter 0.0.0.0 port 80 and my password into the web2py server dialog
box, an IE browser page opens but there is no connection to a webpage, so
no default just a widows IE error page ie the webpage cannot be found.

If I Open the Windows Run command and enter python web2py.py -a 'pword' -i
0.0.0.1 -p 80 I get an error (I guess cos its on a folder)
If I try to use the path and command eg S:\Kul\<path to the shared disc
etc>\BBDB python web2py.py -a 'bb999' -i 0.0.0.1 -p 80
Then I also get an error.

Some of our computers are more tightly firewalled, however, I am generally
able to navigate to the web2py.exe and run the windows exe and open the
rocket server & start the web2py admin.

So, If that is clearer? These are local machines using the web2py Rocket
server on a standard windows computer (across a network)
as per the documentation ......

*On Windows, run: web2py.exe *
On OS X, run:open web2py.app
On Unix and Linux, run from source by typing:python2.5 web2py.py
So, While I would love to put it on a Unix system, but I dont have that
option (its not allowed).
So, how can I start web2py using rocket so that I can open the server &
allow another different local machine to then open the app.
I understand that I should be able to once rocket is open in 0.0.0.0:80,
then I can (hopefully) navigate to the app.
I guess that I will have to know the IP of that "shared disk" .. OR ... is
there a better way.

Thanks for the simple replies, Im not a networker or programmer, I just use
the computers :)