Hi Niphlod, thanks for the hints.
I am not sure of the IP address of the network shared disk.  In the
meantime I testing running on my local machine in "open listening" and then
accessing my machine from elsewhere.

When I start web2py.exe , I get the Web2py framework starting etc, hardcron
etc then if I use 127.0.0.1 and 8000 and pword in the dialog, it works but
I cannot access the app from elsewhere.
If I use 0.0.0.0 and 8000, the server does not start.
If I use 0.0.0.1 and 80 I get WARNING:Rocket.Errors.Port80:Listener started
when not ready... and a webpage error.

I have an IP address to my local machine but at the moment I cant get
rocket to run with anything other than 127 etc.
Any suggestions to a total clutz.
Thanks