El jueves, 20 de diciembre de 2012 10:44:42 UTC-3, Aurelijus Useckas
escribió:

> yeah.. backup backup backup.. it's just that sometimes you forget to :(
>
> Would it be wise to add some backup module to web2py admin? It could
> default to 1 copy per day or smthing simillar. It would especially serve
> Noobs :)

I think this can be accomplished with the db.export_to_csv method and cron,
but adding the option to the admin interface would be useful.

Perhaps with large databases and csv there could be performance issues.
Maybe it's necessary to use native engine backup commands in such cases.