there is a ticket about. I understand the problem but there is a logic
problem. if is_active=False with versioning it means the record was
deleted. So the record is ignored. It should not be visible at all except
for auditing purposes. Now you are trying to bring it back to life
(undelete it). It is not 100% obvious to me what the right behavior is.
Granted that the right behavior is incorrect. Should one be allowed to set
is_active=True or should one be forced to create a new record?