> You should be able to clone a deleted record however.

I agree. An ability to "clone" the deleted record would be great. I assume
no such feature exists (correct ? I didn't find any)

If you are just using your auditing log like a recycle bin, then please
> name it as such.

Minor nitpick - Current behavior isn't EXACTLY like a recycle
bin. Recycle Bin indicates an object has gone FROM one location to recycle
bin. But in this case, the older copy of record is copied to archive table
and record itself is MODIFIED (is_active=False)

In any case, you can count this as a vote for not allowing undeletes by
> changing the is_active flag.

I'm OK with this as well.

-Mandar