Yep, but let's keep it simple and not offtopic. We're talking about the
centos deployment script, that states clearly in the header that it works
for centos 5.

Maybe have to download 312097312 packages (including mysql library) just to
compile ruby isn't a viable option (and I'm partially inclined towards the
ones saying "it's a bad idea"), however requirements for compiling uwsgi
are not 312097312, and that's the case of the script we're referring to.

Summing up the requirements for the entire script I posted earlier, 15
packages are not that much (2 or 3 can be dropped if you install nginx from
binary - given that is available on centos 6.3)

The only assumption that the script does is that build tools are already
there. Adding the posted requirements should fix the issue and update the
script to be compatible with centos 6.3 . The only variable could be the
install of nginx from source (centos 5) vs binary (centos 6.3)