Also you should consider that DAL adapter are not all equal on quality,
quality for a given adapter is "correlated" to the user base for a given
(my interpretation) and since Postgres is largely used it adapter is really
good. Notice that there is two adapter for postgres psycopg2 and pg8000 the
former is much better then the latter that is still experimental I think.

Richard