@Richard

Yeah, I know.  But what about documentation?

The MySQL code itself is free open source, but Oracle owns the copyright on
the MySQL documentation.

So as the MariaDB fork adds features, the MySQL documentation becomes more
and more inaccurate.  At some point there will have to be a full rewrite of
the MariaDB docs.  Just seems too messy.