hi, I am trying to change the reprsentation of a field value dynamically
for each fieldname, for this purpose I need to know the fieldname of the
current value that has been passed to the function. Any idea how to achieve
this?? I can manage to write a few lines of code in web2py source itself if
you give me some directions on where to edit.

this is the code.
for fieldname in db.mytab.fields:
      db.mytab.fieldname.represent = lambda x,row:row[fieldname]

thanks :)