I really like 0MQ too but I would like to understand a typical test case of
integration with web2py. Consider the scheduler for example. The bottle
neck is not distribution of tasks (which 0MQ would handle great) but the
fact that tasks and main app need to access the database. If the workers do
not need to access to the database (for example tasks that send a simple
email) then 0MQ would provide a benefit but the problem is no longer web2py
specific.

In which situation would use 0MQ with web2py?

Massimo