Sounds to me like you have a couple of real life situations you need
solutions for. So the best thing to do is start coding. If you're unsure
about how to tackle the web2py integration, I'm sure people will provide
comments once you present your specific ideas or code drafts. If you start
out in a form of a plugin, keeping in mind that it could be integrated in
web2py one day, you IMHO can't go wrong.

Regards,
Ales