Hm. It should be looking for
"/admin/static/_2.7.3/codemirror/lib/codemirror.css",
so _2.7.3 and not -2.7.3.

I don't think this dash is a direct typo in the web2py code. A rewrite rule
somewhere, regex gone wrong?

BTW, the number there is only indirectly related to the web2py version, it
isn't the problem in itself. It's this feature in effect:
http://web2py.com/books/default/chapter/29/04/the-core#Static-asset-management

Regards