ok, understood.

This is really the only thing I need:

def _pre_process(self, table, **fields):
        """
        Takes a w2p table and a dictionary with values and processes
        the field input and add defaults, computes, etc using the web2py
table.
        """

        fields = table._defaults(fields)
        return dict((f.name,table._db._adapter.represent(v,f.type)) for f,v
in table._listify(fields))

At this moment this works for me and I don't need to subclass the adapter.

But:

In the other thread you spoke about people possibly relying on _<something>
functions
(for debugging/logging etc.)
I guest my question is, can users safely rely on _<something> methods? What
is w2p's "policy" regarding underscore-prefixed functions.
Are they considered private?

So can I use the above function as it is?

Oh and,

Sorry; however, you could temporarily implement a similar method by
> subclassing GoogleDatastoreAdapter so it pre-processes data without
> applying changes.

What do you mean by  "temporarily"?
Could the feature be implemented in the future with a different name?

Quint