Both of these js's are commented out by default (note, the if sentence is
commented out entirely), so it would work without internet connection.
Anyway, for me it's ok either way... Pesonally, I don't use CDNs but I also
prefer to have as few files in the welcome app as possible, especially if
they are commented out.

Regards

On Monday, February 24, 2014 5:21:15 PM UTC+1, Niphlod wrote:

> I'm not confortable with having something cdn dependant. By default apps
> should be available also if no internet connectivity is assured.
> +1 with defaulting to local and a comment to enable the cdn version.
>
> On Monday, February 24, 2014 1:05:13 PM UTC+1, LightDot wrote:
>>
>> Note to those not reading this group from a web interface: I edited my
>> post to fix copy paste typos in the code. This is the correct code again:
>>
>> <!-- All JavaScript at the bottom, except for Modernizr and Respond
>>      If you need to use local copies of modernizr.min.js or respond.js
>> download them in
>>      static/js sub-folder and replace the script links in the following
>> conditional comments with
>>      <script src="{{=URL('static','js/modernizr.min.js')}}"></script>
>>      <script src="{{=URL('static','js/respond.js')}}"></script> -->
>> <!-- <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/modernizr/2.7.1/
>> modernizr.min.js"></script> -->
>> <!--[if lt IE 9]>
>> <script src="https://cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/respond.js/1.4.
>> 2/respond.js"></script>
>> <![endif]-->
>>
>> I apologize for the mix up.
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> On Monday, February 24, 2014 12:28:19 PM UTC+1, LightDot wrote:
>>>
>>> How about putting Paolo's bootstrap3.py into contrib an have welcome app
>>> import it from there? His module provides most of the bootstrap 3 support
>>> (forms, navigation, etc.). We could remove all this from core web2py.
>>>
>>> As for the welcome app static files, these are redundant (leftovers) now
>>> and should be deleted:
>>>
>>> static/css/bootstrap-responsive.min.css
>>> static/css/web2py_bootstrap.css
>>> static/css/web2py_bootstrap_nojs.css
>>> static/js/dd_belatedpng.js