Any janrain users?

Some users have reported that janrain no longer works with google login. I
have experience the same problem.
In December (version 2.9.x) we moved to the new Janrain API. I looked into
this and the and the new API require a different and more complex
configuration on the janrain page to use Google login. Specifically, they
require a Google API. This is a show stopper for many.

So the questions are:
- do you use Janrain?
- do you use Google with Janrain?
- if so, does the OLD api still works (web2py 2.8.x)?
- should we revert to the old API or have an option to use the old API?

Massimo