<https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-lF6haCCyKqc/UzILWnjLqCI/AAAAAAAAATg/5_xzfod7-7w/s1600/Screen+Shot+2014-03-26+at+10.02.51.png>
I think I am seeing all plugins ... that's my screen shot above (although I
had to delete my browser cache before it would display properly). That's
with the "full" version of ckeditor.
As you've noticed, I removed the definition of the toolbar, letting
ckeditor fall back to the defaults (which are presumably to show
everything).

I'll look into what you say about a new way of setting up the config.
If you send my a github pull request for your preferred changes, I'll
quickly review it. Otherwise I'll look at it, but I think the current
release already does what you want.
I don't think a browser difference could cause this, but perhaps I didn't
upload the release properly.