Hi, I'm in the beginning stages of building my app.

One of the most important things it will do is connect to 3rd party
services via their APIs (e.g. Google Analytics)

I ran into a disconcerting comment on this stackoverflow thread
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3646002/django-turbo-gears-web2py-which-is-better-for-what>
.

To quote Mike A's comment
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3646002/django-turbo-gears-web2py-which-is-better-for-what#comment8500264_3648273>
:

web2py has many good features, but be very wary of the global environment
> which becomes a real pain after a short time. It makes interacting with
> third-party tools like test-runners very difficult. Django is much more
> mature, being older than web2py, and has a much larger community and number
> of installations.

Can anyone here comment on this? Not being a programmer myself, I need some
more information about what this exactly means and why Mike would be of
this opinion.

Thanks :)