Nonsense.
The guy has never used web2py or is  involved in the other framework.
I think exactly the opposite.  Django on complex applications requires a
*lot* of extra modules and it becomes difficult to update the framework.
Lots of boilerplate that wastes space in the editor windows and distracts
from the real problem.
The only thing that is true is that is older, and shows all its age ;-)

mic