Hi there,

PythonAnywhere dev here -- you're right, it's a browser cache thing,
resulting from a bug on our side.

We have a "Strict-Transport-Security" setting on the main PythonAnywhere
site that means that if you ever visit it via https then in future your
browser will always use https to access it.  This fixes a number of
potential security holes, and we think it's a good thing.  But we only
intended it to apply to www.pythonanywhere.com.

Unfortunately for a brief period this setting "leaked" into some of our
customers' sites as the result of a bug on our side.  So if you visited one
of them via https (eg. to use the admin UI) while that bug was active then
your browser will have stored the "always use https" setting for that site.
 (Perhaps confusingly, this will also apply if you visit it in an incognito
session -- incognito sessions inherit this setting from non-incognito
sessions, though obviously the reverse isn't true.)

The best fix is to clear your browser history.  Sorry about that!

All the best,

Giles