Hi,

performed the test on 2.9.11-stable+timestamp.2014.09.15.23.35.11
(Running on Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu), Python 2.7.6):

I utilised apache benchmark (ab), making 1130 request within a minute twice
with and without log.close().
I did not notice any memory leak, (neither with the log nor with the os
memory check).

When I performed the test manually within the browser without adding
"log.close()" I noticed the increase in memory usage but that was before
the garbage collector interfered and normal I guess (as the size of the
text file increases the memory consumed by it increases).

I did this test just to be relevant with this post but I must admit I would
notice a memory leak as I run several sites with web2py and my servers
would complain about it long before, surely, I am talking within my
configuration. I use apache2 and mod_wsgi both in development (OS X) and
production (Ubuntu).