I would like to suggest a way to get out of these recurrent discussions...

Why not adopt some guidance around the issue... I think the heart of the
problem here is that not knowing what is coming or not make people insecure
about the future of what is built (or could be build) with web2py. It may
be true that no big corporate are not using Python 3 at the moment, though
distros have already started sending the message that Python 3 is coming...
To my knowledge, since 3.4 Python 3 is consider to be ready for real
work...

So, maybe we could write a section in the book about web2py and Python 3
support, if the book is not the place we can put a text file in github
somewhere in web2py about that and maybe a TODO-List of what is need to be
done... Or a Roadmap on the web2py Web site... There is plenty of options
to document out this "issue" and what is know about it and what is the
heart of this issue... Also, if web2py will have to break it promise for
backward compatibility or not and if it breaks it what work to expect in
our apps to make them work in "web3py", etc.

There is many threads on the mailing-lists... A good start could be to
retrieve them and read them to extract the important things??

Like that when the question pop again we can redirect people to the
Documentation/Roadmap and they can make a better informed decision about
using web2py or not, waiting for Python 3 support by web2py or not, etc.

Thanks, regards

Richard