How big?

https://www.bookstackapp.com/docs/admin/upload-limits/

https://www.nginx.com/resources/wiki/modules/upload/#upload-max-file-size

Quote from the above link:
For “hard” limit client_max_body_size directive must be used. The value of
zero for this directive specifies that no restrictions on file size should
be applied.

Have a look at your nginx config upload_max_file_size and
client_max_body_size

I can't find the default nginx limit, but I think upload are around 5 mg, I
recall having issue long time ago about upload limit and the attachement
was a little over 5 meg, so...

In the link you provide there not seems to have limit overriding default,
so my guess is that your file is bigger than the client_max_body_size

Good luck

Richard