def login_news():
    form = SQLFORM.factory(Field('user'), Field('password', 'password'))
    if form.process().accepted:
        ... # auth logic goes here
       login_div = DIV(form, _style = 'display: inline-block; width:50%')
    news_div = DIV('blah '*50, _style = 'display: inline-block;width:50%;
vertical-align:top;')
    return dict(login_news = DIV(login_div, news_div))