How do I set it as a default if the form is not open by a link redirection?
The form is opened directly by the main-menu.
If it were opened through the link then it'd be easy to set the hotel as a
default coz all i'd do would be:

*hotel=db(db.hotel_profile(request.args(0,
cast=int))db.meals.hotel.default=hotel.id*

Please pardon my limited skill but your assistance would take me to the
next phase of this project.

Regards