*" Are you trying to show the span when the link is clicked 'while' the
page is loaded?  ":  *Yes sir

*" I'm guessing you are clicking the link after the page is loaded ": *Yes
sir

*"Also, where in your javascript did you add the console.log()?":  *I added
it inside the click function just before initialization of the id variable

*<script>*$(document).ready(function(){
            $('.service').click(function(e) {
*console.log( "Hello world!" );*
        const id = $(this).data('id');