Hi Carlo,

I must say that another thing I don't like about web2py is the web
editor and the web shell... :-) Yes, after all we can consider those
features a pros and fortunately we can still edit our web2py apps
using our preferred editor. Probably in the future, also for me, it
will be an advantage to edit my webapp via browser, but I really love
VI editor and, for now, I will continue to edit my apps using it! :-)
About console I think that web2py console  is similar to the Django
one. You can call django console with: python manage.py shell.