I'm not a day into my first slice, and I absolutely love it, don't know why
I didn't go with them earlier!

It is blazing fast, on shared hosting my site would crawl, and it just pops
right up now.

So far my average use with web2py/mod_wsgi has been only 90MB of ram for the
whole slice.

I used Dreamhost for the past 2 years, and can't complain, the only reasons
I moved were because of memory requirements for this app, and because they
don't allow PostgreSQL. I've heard good things about webfaction, and from
the look at it, webfaction might be one of the best shared hosting.

Not sure you could go wrong with slicehost though. It's nice how they have
everything custom and in house.

-Thadeus