You are right. The current documentation refers to the features that
existed on August 2009.
Features added after that are not yet documented. We are working on
it. If you want to submit a patch from the docstring I will be happy
to take it.

I also agree that zero!=None should be default. I can change it.
Anybody against?

Massimo